2013 Ford E-Series continues 50-plus-year legacy as one of America's indispensible work tools.
Ford E-Series has been America's best-selling van for the past 33 years and has been synonymous with work vans since the model's introduction in 1961. Smart technology updates help E-Series operators master today's mobile, 24/7 work environment. The robust E-Series chassis can tow up to a best-in-class 10,000 pounds when properly equipped and payload tops out at 3,920 pounds. Three engine choices and three wheelbase options make it easy to match E-Series to workplace demands.
At the same time, E-Series Wagon continues to offer transportation options for families and organizations with a lot of people to move, with seating for up to 15 passengers in extended versions.2013 Ford E-Series highlights
2012 Ford E-Series Vans, Wagons: Smart Technologies, Legendary Durability Add Value for Customers
- Class-exclusive connectivity of SYNC system, which can integrate with smartphones and other devices using hands-free Bluetooth technology for safer voice-based calling
- Crew Chief telematics gives fleet managers real-time operating data
- Instrument panel-mounted Navigation System with 6.5-inch touch-screen display
- Standard audio input jack, for MP3 players
- Seating for up to 15 passengers (E-350 Super Duty Extended)
- Tow rating up to 10,000 pounds (E-350 Super Duty with 6.8-liter SOHC V10 engine)
- Ford's leading safety and security features, including:
- AdvanceTrac with RSC (Roll Stability Control)
- Driver and front passenger airbags
- Side-intrusion door beams
- Four-wheel anti-lock braking system
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Three-point safety belts for all seating positions
- Ford E-Series is the smartest full-size van on the market, offering the SYNC voice-activated communications and entertainment system and Crew Chief fleet management technology
- E-Series personal-use and commercial drivers both will benefit from an available Navigation System with a 6.5-inch touch screen display in the instrument panel
- Cargo loading is easy, as E-Series vans and wagons have flexible rear cargo doors, holding open by detent at 105 degrees, or with a gentle push to 178 degrees
America's best-selling full-size van, Ford E-Series marks its 50th anniversary this year by offering premium technologies to better serve customers.
Available technologies like SYNC voice-activated communications and entertainment system and a Navigation System with HD Radio technology add up to a formidable package for both productivity and customer satisfaction.
"E-Series vehicles offer long-haul durability," said Rob Stevens, Ford Commercial Vehicle chief engineer. "There are more E-Series units on the road with 250,000 miles or higher than vans from any other manufacturer, based on R.L. Polk data."
Since 1961 the time-tested Ford E-Series has proven itself as a dependable workhorse for customers and their family or business needs, with smart innovations and the right equipment to make any job, delivery or trip an easier and more productive endeavor.New for 2012
For 2012, E-Series vans and wagons are available in a new exterior color Steel Blue Metallic and now include an audio input jack as standard equipment. Cast-aluminum wheels are now available as an option. For commercial applications a dual battery system replaces the auxiliary battery configuration.Quality
2012 Ford E-Series vehicles offer a bold, purposeful exterior design. Vans and wagons feature a flexible rear cargo door configuration, enabling the doors to hold open by detent at 105 degrees, or increase to a wide 178 degrees. Double-wall construction ensures Built Ford Tough durability.
Inside, Ford E-Series vehicles bring a comfortable interior that matches the functional, purpose-built exterior design. Key cabin features include:
- Functional, user-friendly instrument panel and center console
- Door trim panels feature integrated second-bin compartments with a contents retention strap to help secure items
- Instrument panel features a storage tray above the passenger airbag
- A center console includes three large cupholders that can accommodate a wide variety of cup sizes, an integrated clipboard holder and space for a laptop
- A standard audio input jack on the instrument panel connects E-Series to MP3 players and other portable audio devices
- A large glove box provides still more storage and a second powerpoint
- The available message center in E-Series vans and wagons features an engine hour meter, vehicle maintenance information and fuel economy with miles-to-empty data
All E-Series vehicles equipped with either the 4.6-liter or 5.4-liter V8 engine are capable of running on E85 (85 percent ethanol and 15 percent gasoline), pure gasoline or any blend in between.
For customers planning to upfit E-Series vehicles for alternative-fuel use, a CNG and LPG fuel-capable conversion preparation package is available on 5.4-liter V8 and 6.8-liter V10 engines.
Like all Ford vehicles, E-Series vans and wagons feature seat cushions employing soy-based foam rubber.
Standard on all E-Series vans and wagons, Ford's AdvanceTrac with RSC features unique functionality and a level of performance that competitive stability control systems can't match. Unlike competitor systems, AdvanceTrac with RSC uses a second gyroscopic roll-rate sensor to determine the vehicle's body roll angle and roll rate.
If the unique roll-rate sensor detects a significant roll angle, the system applies additional countermeasures such as applying brakes to one or more wheels or reducing engine power to enhance vehicle rollover resistance.Standard and available 2012 Ford E-Series safety features include:
- Airbags for driver and front passenger seats
- Side-door intrusion beams
- Available Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
- Four-wheel disc Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
E-Series vehicles include an optional dash-mounted front passenger airbag cutoff switch on vans and cutaway units.Smart
Ford E-Series is the van of choice for a broad range of customers from small business owners to larger commercial fleet operators and offers features and technologies to make work and travel more productive and convenient.
Ford E-Series offers the Crew Chief telematics and diagnostics system, enabling fleet administrators to manage their vehicles, dispatch drivers, and keep tabs on usage patterns and vehicle maintenance records. By monitoring idle time, Crew Chief can help a fleet administrator reduce fuel and operating costs.
E-Series versatility makes electrical upfit easier, offering four user-defined switches on the dashboard and an efficient wiring harness to accommodate accessories.Additional Ford E-Series technologies available include:
- Navigation System featuring a 6.5-inch touch screen display integrated into the instrument panel, plus HD Radio technology for additional listening options
- Speed limiting enables settings at 65 or 75 mph. Available on select models for fleet use only
- Sirius Traffic and Sirius Travel Link: When coupled with navigation, this system provides a collection of data services including real-time local traffic (available in select markets), coast-to-coast weather conditions and fuel price information
- Rear view camera (van and wagon only): The system is activated when the vehicle is shifted into reverse, giving the driver a clear view behind the vehicle. The video image is displayed in the self-dimming rearview mirror or in the navigation screen if equipped
- SYNC voice-activated communications and entertainment system featuring 911 Assist, Vehicle Health Report and Traffic, Directions and Information with GPS-based turn-by-turn driving directions and information services
- Sirius Satellite Radio, for diverse programming
- Available Reverse Sensing System with an audible signal
E-Series vans are available in E-150, E-250 Super Duty and E-350 Super Duty regular- and extended-length configurations. Wagons are available in E-150 and E-350 Super Duty standard- and extended-length configurations.
For more info on the 2013 Ford E-Series Van contact Bergey's Ford.