The 2013 Escape has an eco-friendly side. For example, there are two available EcoBoost engines that provide more power per every drop of fuel. Seat cushion and head restraint foam is derived from plant seeds. Carpet in all the models is produced using post-industrial fibers derived from recycled plastic bottles. Even the shape of the Escape and the use of the active grille shutters helps make the vehicle more aerodynamic.Available EcoBoost technology
- Helps produce a cooler, denser fuel injection charge that generates more power per every drop of fuel. Twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT) maximizes performance, while two different technologies turbocharging and direct injection combine to deliver the performance of a much larger engine with the efficiency of a smaller one. Take your choice of the available 1.6L EcoBoost I-4 engine or the available 2.0L EcoBoost engine. A 2.5L I-4 engine is standard.Ecofriendly Interior
- The cushions and head restraints use a bio-based polyurethane foam derived from the oils of various plant seeds such as soybeans. The carpet in all models is produced using post-industrial fibers derived from recycled plastic bottles. So no matter what color your Escape is, it will always be green. Standard Six-Speed SelectShift Transmissio
n - For efficient performance, a six-speed automatic transmission is standard on all Escape models. To add a little extra fun to your Escape, standard SelectShift capability delivers the performance feel of a manual transmission without the clutch. Using a switch on the transmission lever, you can easily and quickly shift gears.Aerodynamic Design
- Escape wasn't designed just to look great it was also styled to reduce air resistance. Active grille shutters also help by cheating the wind. When closed, they help to reduce vehicle aerodynamic drag caused by air traveling through the radiator.ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
The technology features in Escape don't merely elevate your driving experience they take it to a new level. There's the available hands-free liftgate you open by simply placing your foot under the bumper. With hands on the wheel and eyes on the road, available SYNC with MyFord Touch lets you make calls and control your music with simple voice commands. Standard AdvanceTrac with RSC (Roll Stability Control) helps keep you out of harm's way through a series of corrective actions when you swerve or corner too quickly. When a vehicle enters your blind spot zone, available BLIS with Cross Traffic Alert will alert you. There's even an available feature, active park assist, that parallel parks Escape for you. The technology in Ford Escape literally changing the way you drive.Available Hands Free Class Exclusive Liftgate
- The new hands-free power liftgate is incredibly easy to use. With the available Intelligent Access key, just place your foot under the bumper and the power liftgate will automatically open, providing easy access to the cargo area.Available SYNC with MyFord Touc
h - It features an eight-inch LCD center touch screen, a four-inch LCD cluster screen located on the instrument panel for quick, easy viewing, dual USB ports and Wi-Fi capability. All it takes to use SYNC with MyFord Touch are simple voice commands or the touch of a button. You can listen to song lists from your MP3 player, USB or portable hard drive. If someone calls you while you're listening to your music, no problem SYNC with MyFord Touch alerts you. You can control the interior climate. And just say the word and you can command the available Navigation System to guide you to a destination. Featuring integrated SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link, you'll have your choice of fastest, shortest and Eco-Route. In this mode, the Navigation System instantly calculates the most fuel-efficient route and can help you achieve better fuel economy. Available Class-Exclusive Active Park Assist
- If you could use a little assistance when parallel parking, Ford is your helping hand. It's called active park assist. While you're driving slowly near parking spots, simply activate park assist and it looks for an available parking spot. Ultrasonic sensors measure the distance to the curb and between parked cars. Once a spot that's big enough is identified, you're signaled to stop and accept the system's assistance. All you do is control the shifting, accelerating and braking.Available Intelligent Access with Push Button Start
- Starting your Escape is a breeze, thanks to available Intelligent Access with push-button start. First, make sure the key fob is in your pocket or somewhere in the vehicle. Next, press the brake pedal and then the start button. Just shift into gear and go.Available Sony Audio System with HD Radio and iTunes Tagging
- HD Radio technology, included with the available Sony Audio System, is the digital evolution of analog AM/FM radio and is used by AM and FM radio stations to transmit digital audio and data along with their analog signals. Digital broadcasts deliver crystal clear audio with no static or distortion and have the capability of high-quality surround sound. Best of all, HD Radio comes with no monthly subscription fee. Plus, you get the convenience of iTunes tagging. If you hear a song you'd like to purchase, you don't have to remember it. Just touch a button and the information will be stored and transferred to your iPod, which will pass it on to iTunes where it will be offered to you in your queue the next time you shop there.Advanced Safety Protection
- The 2013 Ford Escape is equipped to help keep you out of harm's way. It has control features such as standard AdvanceTrac with RSC (Roll Stability Control), featuring Curve Control which will slow you down when it senses that you're going too fast for a particular curve and traction control. And because maintaining the proper air pressure in your tires is critical, the standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System alerts you when your tires are underinflated (not available on spare tire).
To help protect you in the event of a collision, Escape features the Personal Safety System, next-generation dual-stage driver and front-passenger airbags, a driver's knee airbag, and front seat-mounted side airbags. Escape also features the Safety Canopy System with two-row side-curtain airbags. Peace of mind. It's a standard feature in Escape.CAPABILITY
Escape is the SUV that's big on capability. Available Intelligent 4WD gives you the confidence to go almost anywhere from rain-slick streets to snow-covered roads. If you have cargo you want to carry, fold down one or both sections of the second-row seat for flat storage. And if you want to tow something, do it with ease Escape features a 3,500-lb. towing capacity when properly equipped.
Simply fold down both rear seat backs for a flat load surface to transport items large and small. Don't need all that space? Fold down either side of the 60/40-split rear seat and you can still seat one or two rear passengers and have additional cargo room. If you're carrying items such as luggage, leave the seats up and you have 34.3 cu. ft. of space. On select models, the load floor is adjustable. Set it in the high position and you have a flat load floor when the seats are folded down. In its low position, you'll have additional cargo room. There's even a small storage area in the second-row passenger-side foot well for items such as juice boxes, coloring books and other small items.
Whether you're driving on a rain-slick or snow-covered road, the Intelligent 4WD System is monitoring traction and cornering conditions every 16 milliseconds and automatically adjusting torque distribution where needed.
The 2013 Escape with the available 2.0L EcoBoost I-4 engine has plenty of pulling power up to 3,500 lbs. when properly equipped. Escape also has trailer sway control to help you tow more confidently. This feature automatically determines the yaw motion of the vehicle if the trailer is swaying and takes measures such as applying precise braking or reduced engine torque to help keep both the vehicle and the trailer under control.
G forces in a corner transfer more traction to your outside tires than to your inside ones. The Torque Vectoring Control System optimizes that by transferring torque to the wheels that have the most grip. It virtually eliminates understeer, forcing the front end to hug the inside of each curve. Translation: More agility and sporty handling in the turns.DESIGN
From its sporty yet muscular exterior to its clean and modern interior, the 2013 Escape combines smart looks with intelligent functionality. Seating is comfortable, accommodating and versatile. Standard and available wheels complete the look. From front to rear, inside and out, Escape makes a strong statement a very stylish one at that.
Escape sports a kinetic design. That means even when you see it in a parking lot or waiting for a green light, its sleek shape conveys motion. Adding to this look are several design cues, including a prominent trapezoidal-shaped lower grille and sculpted wheel arches. The elongated headlamps and tail lamps, along with subtle Z-shaped lines, sporty spoiler and bright dual exhaust tips (standard on the SE, SEL and Titanium models) complete the look.
The 2013 Escape features an interior that is spacious and sophisticated. Designers have created an environment that is clean and contemporary and communicates a "visually calm ambience." Interior color choices include Charcoal Black on Charcoal Black or Charcoal Black on Medium Light Stone or Medium Dark Stone. Seating choices. Escape gives you several:
- Escape S and SE models feature cloth seating surfaces
- Standard on SEL, and optional on SE models, are heated, leather-trimmed front seats, including 10-way power driver's seat with power recline
- SEL models include adjustable lumbar support and memory for three drivers
- Titanium models feature standard sport-styled partial leather-trimmed or optional full leather-trimmed heated front seats with 10-way power driver's seat, adjustable lumbar support and memory for three drivers
- All models feature 60/40-split second-row seats that fold flat for carrying cargo
- The Escape Titanium can be equipped with available high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps (included in Titanium Technology Package). These headlamps last longer and use less energy than conventional halogen bulbs. Complementing the headlamps are signature light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
2013 Escape offers a range of attractive wheel designs, capped off by these 19" luster nickel-painted alloys that are standard on Titanium.For more information on the 2013 Ford Escape contact Bergey's Ford.